The dramatic explosion of online and blended learning in states and school districts across the country requires educational organizations to provide high-quality, engaging professional development to prepare teachers and school leaders to teach and lead schools in these environments.
Educators need to understand the new pedagogical approaches, digital curriculum and tools for teaching in an online or blended classrooms and hands-on experience learning in this environment. Leaders need to engage in thoughtful planning in order for these initiatives to be successful and improve student learning.
School districts, states and virtual schools are seeking proven professional development options that address these needs in a cost-effective, capacity-building way.
ETLO offers services and courses to help organizations establish, manage and support online or blended courses for students. Flexible program components:
- prepare staff members to teach students in online or blended settings.
- prepare organization decision-makers to plan and implement online or blended courses for students.
- train staff members to develop high–quality online content for students.
- prepare faculty to mentor and support virtual school students.
- prepare students to be successful virtual school learners.
- provide ongoing high quality online professional development opportunities for all faculty.