ETLO offers a comprehensive program to enable organizations to establish online professional development programs, train online facilitators and offer online courses. Program elements include:
- Online Facilitator Training - An eight-week online course that prepares participants to effectively facilitate online professional development courses and to integrate online learning into ongoing professional development programs. The course includes online readings, web-based activities, facilitated online discussions and as a final project, a plan for delivering an online course for teachers and/or administrators. Because this course is delivered online, participants are able to experience the online classroom as learners, gaining valuable hands-on experience in the online environment.
- Online Courses for Teachers and Administrators - As part of this program, trained facilitators can choose from over 70 high-quality EdTech Leaders Online professional development courses to facilitate for educators within their organizations. ETLO courses are based on national and Common Core standards, and consist of four to six sessions that include web-based readings, resources, multimedia activities, a final project and online discussions.
- Technical Support and Hosting - ETLO provides the web hosting and course delivery software for organizations that need it, or courses can be exported and delivered on a compatible course management system. ETLO courses are available for use in Blackboard, Moodle, Desire2Learn, itslearning, Angel, Epsilen and other CMSs.
- Professional Development Planning - ETLO provides consultation to help organizations successfully incorporate online courses into their local professional development programs. ETLO supports organizations as they address issues such as recruiting participants, providing incentives including graduate credit, course scheduling and/or program management and evaluation.
- Ongoing Support and Forum - Trained facilitators are enrolled in the ETLO Forum, where they can share questions, strategies, challenges, and resources with other trained online specialists and ETLO staff. The Forum serves as a source of rapid answers to questions and provides a growing collection of online professional development resources. Forum participants also have access to an ongoing series of live webinars addressing important and timely topics in online learning.